Our Melton Team
Our team of Melton Chiropractors are trusted by the local community for providing high quality manual chiropractic care. Our chiropractors share many years of clinical experience providing quality research-based treatments, rehabilitation and recommendations. We are available 6 days of the week, with same-day appointments available, late-evenings, and after hour appointments for your convenience.
Our chiropractors provide experienced, research-based chiropractic care to the residents of Melton and surrounds. Our chiropractors have special interests in a range of musculoskeletal conditions from neck and back pain, sporting and workplace injuries; to providing advice on posture or proactive measures to avoid future injuries.
Our clinic has modern facilities, our reception staff are trained to provide excellent customer service and our experienced chiropractors are ready to help you today. We offer same day appointments with minimal wait times, and have a secure online booking system to make things as smooth as possible for our patients.
Our Melton Chiropractic team is located at 118 Barries Road, Melton right in downtown Melton and is easily accessible by the Western Freeway and is a convenient 8-min bus ride from Melton train station. Our Melton Chiropractic team is located just a minutes walk from Melton’s downtown shopping center, and are the preferred practitioners of many people in the outer Western suburbs including residents of Kurunjang, Melton West, South, Brookfield and more.
About Wellbeing Chiropractic Melton
The Wellbeing Chiropractic group, has over 40+ clinics across Melbourne and more than 50+ practitioners, and prides itself as being available” for its patients 7 days a week. When you call the Melton phone number, we guarantee you will be able to find you an appointment, within the group. We have other practices nearby located in Melbourne, Footscray and Hawthorn
Our practice is located at 118 Barries Rd, Melton. Our modern facilities and chiropractic equipment include OMNI chiropractic tables, posture scanning technology, electric arthrostim adjusting instruments, as well as a range of the traditional chiropractic tools.
Our chiropractic team of University graduates have experience seeing patients with a range of musculoskeletal injuries having previously worked in a number of private practices throughout Victoria.
Ask Our Chiropractor a Question ?
Why you should choose our Melton Chiropractors
- Wellbeing clinics have appointments available 6 days a week
- We can offer you appointment time Monday-Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 9am-1pm
- We offer an after-hours emergency service Monday to Sunday
- Over 50 allied health professionals work within the Wellbeing group
- Wellbeing Chiropractic has been delivering succesful health care treatments for over 10 years and is trusted by the local community
- We offer traditional manual chiropractic treatment as well as more modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy
- Wellbeing has a structured mentoring programme to encourage internal development and skill sharing
- All our chiropractors are licensed professionals who continue to attend professional education, training and workshops
- All Wellbeing Chiropractors at all of our neighbouring clinics can offer you the same level of care and service; and you will be welcomed like a regular patient (not made to fill out new patient forms at each site)
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractors see people with back and neck pain; joint stiffness and muscle tension. They use spinal adjustment and massage techniques.
A Sports Chiropractor is a practitioner who has interests in seeing athletes for their musculo-skeletal injuries and health. Sports Chiropractors use a range of spinal adjustments, soft tissue, exercise prescription and taping techniques to manage their patients.
A family chiropractor sees various kinds of patients for a range of conditions including back and neck pain. Family Chiropractors see all ages and types of patient, from the youth to the elderly.
Yes. This means they can stay open like medical centers.
The Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) is a body representing a large portion of the Chiropractic profession.
10 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning they can be the first contact a person can make when they have a health problem
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- Chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University and Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Chiropractors are also required to continue formal education, or continue professional development (25hr per year) to maintain access to the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and specific orthopaedic examinations, Chiropractors can help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian Chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
learn more about Melton Chiropractor
- Melton is located 35 km west of Melbourne Central Business District
- As of 2016, Melton has an estimated population of just over 62000.
- Melton was first settled in the 1830’s.
- Melton is located on flat and largely featureless former volcanic plains.
- Melton is home to Tabcorp Park, a well known Harness racing venue.
- Melton’s local newspaper is The Melton Star.
- Each year the Djerriwarrh Festival is held in the city in November which combines culture, lifestyle and health in one colorful weekend!
- Melton consists of six suburban areas, including Melton West, Brookfield and Kurunjang.
- Woodgrove Shopping Centre is the Melton’s largest shopping venue, consisting of a Coles, Woolworths, Big W, Kmart, Reading Cinemas and approximately 160 specialty stores.
Melton is home to Melton Waves Leisure Centre, the only leisure center in Melbourne’s west with extensive aquatic facilities
WHAT IS A CHIROPRACTOR?
In Australia, Chiropractors are primary healthcare practitioners, meaning you do not need a referral or to see your GP before visiting one. Chiropractors are most renowned for their work on the spinal column/vertebrae but also are trained and experienced with optimal function of the body. Most Chiropractors will have have new patient consultation including history of presenting issue, physical assessment, neurological, orthopedic and muscular testing, postural assessment and treatment. Depending on the presenting issue a Chiropractor may refer or do their own imaging to diagnose the source of the issue.
Chiropractic treatment will most likely involve Chiropractic adjustments/manipulations, soft tissue therapy, activator, arthrostim, advice of home exercises and stretches. Some chiropractors may use modalities such as therapeutic ultrasound, heat/cold therapy, topical agents taping and more.
Most people know Chiropractors often see patients with back or neck pain,but what most people don’t know is chiropractors are also trained in dietary or supplementation advice however do not prescribe drugs or perform surgery.
Educational requirements for Chiropractors in Australia are currently University trained with a strong emphasis of evidence based practice. Chiropractors are trained alongside Osteopaths and Chinese Medicine students at RMIT and this is currently a 5-year double degree course.
WHAT CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP WITH?
Low back pain
Typically Chiropractors bread and butter; lower back pain is what Chiropractors are most well known for. Whether it be a dull low back pain ache or an acute sacroiliac joint pain, this is what Chiropractors are known for helping with. Depending on the exact cause a Chiropractor may do manipulation, soft tissue therapy, offer a stabilisation belt, recommend icing, use a flexion distraction table, blocking and more.
Cervical neck adjustments may be useful in reducing neck pain, in conjunction with, or without, pain medication. Assessment of the neck is key in the applying the correct treatment as necks are often very sensitive and specific. Our Melton Chiropractors used a 8 point neck assessment when determining range of motion, orthopaedic and muscles testing to assess your neck. Dependent on the age of the patient, the chiropractor may also determine the required treatment needs to be a different approach such as activator or MET techniques may be used