Our Mernda Team
Our team of Mernda Chiropractors are trusted by the local community for providing high quality manual chiropractic care. Our chiropractors share many years of clinical experience providing quality research-based treatments, rehabilitation and recommendations. We are available 6 days of the week, with same-day appointments available, late-evenings, and after hour appointments for your convenience.
Our Mernda clinic has modern facilities, our reception staff are trained to provide excellent customer service and our experienced chiropractors are ready to help you today. We offer same day appointments with minimal wait times, and have a secure online booking system to make things as smooth as possible for our patients.
Our Mernda Chiropractic team is located at 10/1435 Plenty Road, Mernda, in downtown Mernda’s commercial area and is a convenient 4-min bus ride from Mernda train station. Our Mernda Chiropractors are the preferred practitioners of many people in the Outer North suburbs including residents of Yan Yean, Doreen, Nutfield and more.
About Wellbeing Chiropractic Mernda
The Wellbeing Chiropractic group, has over 40+ clinics across Melbourne and more than 50+ practitioners, and prides itself as being available for it’s patients 7 days a week. When you call the Mernda phone number, we guarantee you will be able to find you an appointment, within the group. We have other practices nearby located in Melbourne, Footscray and Hawthorn
Our practice is located at 10/1435 Plenty Road, Mernda. Our modern facilities and chiropractic equipment include OMNI chiropractic tables, posture scanning technology, electric arthrostim adjusting instruments, as well as a range of the traditional chiropractic tools.
Our chiropractic team of University graduates have experience seeing patients with a range of musculoskeletal injuries having previously worked in a number of private practices throughout Victoria.
Ask Our Chiropractor a Question ?
Why you should choose our Mernda Chiropractors
- Wellbeing clinics have appointments available 6 days a week
- We can offer you appointment time Monday-Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 9am-1pm
- We offer an after-hours emergency service Monday to Sunday
- Over 50 allied health professionals work within the Wellbeing group
- Wellbeing Chiropractic has been delivering succesful health care treatments for over 10 years and is trusted by the local community
- We offer traditional manual chiropractic treatment as well as more modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy
- Wellbeing has a structured mentoring programme to encourage internal development and skill sharing
- All our chiropractors are licensed professionals who continue to attend professional education, training and workshops
- All Wellbeing Chiropractors at all of our neighboring clinics can offer you the same level of care and service; and you will be welcomed like a regular patient (not made to fill out new patient forms at each site)
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractors see people with back and neck pain; joint stiffness and muscle tension. They use spinal adjustment and massage techniques.
A Sports Chiropractor is a practitioner who has interests in seeing athletes for their musculo-skeletal injuries and health. Sports Chiropractors use a range of spinal adjustments, soft tissue, exercise prescription and taping techniques to manage their patients.
A family chiropractor sees various kinds of patients for a range of conditions including back and neck pain. Family Chiropractors see all ages and types of patient, from the youth to the elderly.
Yes. This means they can stay open like medical centers.
The Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) is a body representing a large portion of the Chiropractic profession.
10 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning they can be the first contact a person can make when they have a health problem
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- Chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University and Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Chiropractors are also required to continue formal education, or continue professional development (25hr per year) to maintain access to the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and specific orthopaedic examinations, Chiropractors can help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian Chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
learn more about Mernda Chiropractor
- Mernda is 27km north of Melbourne’s Central Business District (CBD)
- The 2016 census reported that Mernda’s population was approximately 16,458
- Mernda since 2000 has been subrubanised after construction of several estates
- Mernda was expected to be connected to the railway network by 2027 but due to lobbying alliances from the larger population, the completion of rail updates was finished in 2018 and marked the 60 years since trains last operated in the town.
- Mernda’s postcode is 3754
- Mernda’s local government authority is the City of Whittlesea
- The Demons, Mernda’s local football club is a century old club that have played in several local leagues and in their time have won 18 premierships
- 5 years before the 2016 census, 2011’s census reported only a population of 6,508 people, meaning the population had tripled in just five years
- Largest allied health profession in USA
- As of March 2019 there are currently 5,528 chiropractors in Australia, compared to about 70,000 in the USA
- First chiropractic adjustment was done by Daniel David Palmer in 1895 for partial deaf janitor Harvey Lillard.
- Chiro means ‘Hands’ in Greek. Chiropractor are using hands to examine the patient and fine ‘spinal dysfunction’ and to treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- You don’t need a referral from GP to see a chiropractor as they are primary contact practitioner.
- To become a chiropractor you need to complete a 5 years university course focusing on body and nerve functioning.
- Spinal manipulation is the major skill the chiropractor use for acute and chronic low back pain.
- Chiropractors often use Exercise as part of their management of patient complaints
- Chiropractors are most well known for conditions involving the low back and neck, however they’re taught to assess and diagnose a wide variety of syndromes and conditions.
- Chiropractors work alongside other practitioners such as physiotherapist, yoga, pilates, remedial massage
- Chiropractor can give you advice for a healthier lifestyle and how to maintain the healthy life.
- Initial chiropractic consultation will include any relevant medical history, physical examination such as orthopedic tests, range of motion and palpation accordingly and chiropractor will perform the spinal manipulation if there is no medical contraindication and if this form of treatment is indicated.
- Most private insurance will cover chiropractic treatment in Australia such as Bupa, Medibank etc.