Our Lilydale Team
Our team of Lilydale Chiropractors are trusted by the local community for providing high quality manual chiropractic care. Our chiropractors share many years of clinical experience providing quality research-based treatments, rehabilitation and recommendations. We are available 6 days of the week, with same-day appointments available, late-evenings, and after hour appointments for your convenience.
Our chiropractors provide experienced, research-based chiropractic care to the residents of Lilydale and surrounds. Our chiropractors have special interests in a range of musculoskeletal conditions from neck and back pain, sporting and workplace injuries; to providing advice on posture or proactive measures to avoid future injuries.
Our clinic has modern facilities, our reception staff are trained to provide excellent customer service and our experienced chiropractors are ready to help you today. We offer same day appointments with minimal wait times, and have a secure online booking system to make things as smooth as possible for our patients.
Our Lilydale Chiropractic team is located at 35 Maroondah Highway, just a short drive from downtown and is easily accessible off the Highway. Our clinic is a convenient 10-min walk from Lilydale train station. Our Lilydale Chiropractic team is located in the same town and just a short drive from the centre of Lilydale, and are the preferred practitioners of many people in the outer North-Eastern suburbs including residents of Chirnside Park, Mooroolbark, Mount Evelyn and more.
About Wellbeing Chiropractic Lilydale
Our practice is located at 35 Maroondah Highway, Lilydale. Our modern facilities and chiropractic equipment include OMNI chiropractic tables, posture scanning technology, electric arthrostim adjusting instruments, as well as a range of the traditional chiropractic tools.
Our chiropractic team of University graduates have experience seeing patients with a range of musculo-skeletal injuries having previously worked in a number of private practices throughout Victoria.
The Wellbeing Chiropractic group, has over 40+ clinics across Melbourne and more than 50+ practitioners, and prides itself as being available” for its patients 7 days a week. When you call the Lilydale phone number, we guarantee you will be able to find you an appointment, within the group. We have other practices nearby located in Melbourne, Footscray and Hawthorn
Ask Our Chiropractor a Question ?
Why you should choose our Lilydale Chiropractors
- Wellbeing clinics have appointments available 6 days a week
- We can offer you appointment time Monday-Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 9am-1pm
- We offer an after-hours emergency service Monday to Sunday
- Over 50 allied health professionals work within the Wellbeing group
- Wellbeing Chiropractic has been delivering succesful health care treatments for over 10 years and is trusted by the local community
- We offer traditional manual chiropractic treatment as well as more modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy
- Wellbeing has a structured mentoring programme to encourage internal development and skill sharing
- All our chiropractors are licensed professionals who continue to attend professional education, training and workshops
- All Wellbeing Chiropractors at all of our neighbouring clinics can offer you the same level of care and service; and you will be welcomed like a regular patient (not made to fill out new patient forms at each site)
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractors see people with back and neck pain; joint stiffness and muscle tension. They use spinal adjustment and massage techniques.
A Sports Chiropractor is a practitioner who has interests in seeing athletes for their musculo-skeletal injuries and health. Sports Chiropractors use a range of spinal adjustments, soft tissue, exercise prescription and taping techniques to manage their patients.
A family chiropractor sees various kinds of patients for a range of conditions including back and neck pain. Family Chiropractors see all ages and types of patient, from the youth to the elderly.
Yes. This means they can stay open like medical centers.
The Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) is a body representing a large portion of the Chiropractic profession.
10 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning they can be the first contact a person can make when they have a health problem
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University and Central Queensland University (CQU)
- chiropractors are also required to continue formal education, or continue professional development (25hr per year) to maintain access to the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and specific orthopaedic examinations, chiropractors can help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
learn more about Lilydale Chiropractor
- Lilydale is located 34km north-east from Melbourne’s Central Business District (CBD)
- Lilydale is part of the Shire of Yarra Ranges
- Lilydale has a population of over 15,000 according to the 2016 census
- Lilydale’s major commercial areas are the Lilydale Marketplace and The Lilydale Village
- Lilydale Lake is a prominent landmark of the area, being a large public space for recreation surrounded by nearby estates
- Lilydale’s football club, The Lilydale Falcons compete in the Eastern Football League
- Lilydale’s post office first opened up back in 1860 on September 1st originally named Brushy Creek and renamed to Lillydale in 1861 and renamed again in 1872 to it’s current name, Lilydale.
- In 1882, Lilydale’s railway station opened for the first time
- Lilydale’s Lakeside Campus is town’s only tertiary education facility being a TAFE and vocational training center
- Largest allied health profession in USA As of March 2019 there are currently 5,528 chiropractors in Australia, compared to about 70,000 in the USA
- First chiropractic adjustment was done by Daniel David Palmer in 1895 for partial deaf janitor Harvey Lillard.
- Chiro means ‘Hands’ in Greek. Chiropractor are using hands to examine the patient and fine ‘spinal dysfunction’ and to treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- You don’t need a referral from GP to see a chiropractor as they are primary contact practitioner.
- To become a chiropractor you need to complete a 5 years university course focusing on body and nerve functioning.
- Spinal manipulation is the major skill the chiropractor use for acute and chronic low back pain.
- Chiropractors often use Exercise as part of their management of patient complaints
- Chiropractors are most well known for conditions involving the low back and neck, however they’re taught to assess and diagnose a wide variety of syndromes and conditions.
- Chiropractors work alongside other practitioners such as physiotherapist, yoga, pilates, remedial massage
- Chiropractor can give you advice for a healthier lifestyle and how to maintain the healthy life.
- Initial chiropractic consultation will include any relevant medical history, physical examination such as orthopedic tests, range of motion and palpation accordingly and chiropractor will perform the spinal manipulation if there is no medical contraindication and if this form of treatment is indicated.
- Most private insurance will cover chiropractic treatment in Australia such as Bupa, Medibank etc.