Our Sydenham Team
Wellbeing Chiropractic Sydenham has been providing chiropractic care to the community for the past decade. Our Sydenham Chiropractors are committed to providing you with top-quality chiropractic care for you and your family. At Wellbeing Chiropractic Sydenham we pride ourselves in being experienced in multiple chiropractic techniques, these include but are not limited to diversified, Gonstead, spinal decompression therapy, Atlas orthogonal, pelvic blocks, activator and SOT.
Our clinic has modern facilities, our reception staff are trained to provide excellent customer service and our experienced chiropractors are ready to help you today. We offer same day appointments with minimal wait times, and have a secure online booking system to make things as smooth as possible for our patients
About Wellbeing Chiropractic Sydenham
Our practice is located at 558 Melton Highway, Sydenham. Our modern facilities and chiropractic equipment include OMNI chiropractic tables, posture scanning technology, electric arthrostim adjusting instruments, as well as a range of the traditional chiropractic tools.
Our chiropractic team of University graduates have experience seeing patients with a range of musculoskeletal injuries having previously worked in a number of private practices throughout Victoria.
The Wellbeing Chiropractic group, has over 40+ clinics across Melbourne and more than 50+ practitioners, and prides itself as being available” for its patients 7 days a week. When you call the Sydenham phone number, we guarantee you will be able to find you an appointment, within the group.
Ask Our Chiropractor a Question ?
Why you should choose our Sydenham Chiropractors
- Wellbeing clinics have appointments available 6 days a week
- We can offer you appointment time Monday-Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 9am-1pm
- We offer an after-hours emergency service Monday to Sunday
- Over 50 allied health professionals work within the Wellbeing group
- Wellbeing Chiropractic has been delivering succesful health care treatments for over 10 years and is trusted by the local community
- We offer traditional manual chiropractic treatment as well as more modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy
- Wellbeing has a structured mentoring programme to encourage internal development and skill sharing
- All our chiropractors are licensed professionals who continue to attend professional education, training and workshops
- All Wellbeing Chiropractors at all of our neighbouring clinics can offer you the same level of care and service; and you will be welcomed like a regular patient (not made to fill out new patient forms at each site)
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractors see people with back and neck pain; joint stiffness and muscle tension. They use spinal adjustment and massage techniques.
A Sports Chiropractor is a practitioner who has interests in seeing athletes for their musculo-skeletal injuries and health. Sports Chiropractors use a range of spinal adjustments, soft tissue, exercise prescription and taping techniques to manage their patients.
A family chiropractor sees various kinds of patients for a range of conditions including back and neck pain. Family Chiropractors see all ages and types of patient, from the youth to the elderly.
Yes. This means they can stay open like medical centers.
The Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) is a body representing a large portion of the Chiropractic profession.
10 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning they can be the first contact a person can make when they have a health problem
- You do not need a referral to see a Chiropractor
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All Chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- Chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University and Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Chiropractors are also required to continue formal education, or continue professional development (25hr per year) to maintain access to the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and specific orthopaedic examinations, chiropractors can help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
learn more about Sydenham Chiropractor
- Sydenham is a suburb 22km north-west of Melbourne’s CBD
- Sydenham is part of the Brimbank city council
- Sydenham’s Post Code is 3037
- The area of Sydenham is 3.6 square kilometers
- Sydenham has just over 10,000 people according to the 2016 census
- Sydenham’s post office opened back in 1861
- Sydenham’s first train station opened back in 1859
- Sydenham’s train station was relocated back in 2002 and renamed Watergardens
- One of Australia’s largest government primary schools known as “Sydenham-Hillside Primary School” is located here
- The Hillside Football club based out of greater Sydenham used to be named the Sydenham-Hillside Football club and was founded back in 1999
- Sydenham was once part of the Keilor City Government until 1994
- The Suburb is well serviced by the health sector with the Royal Women’s Hospital, the Royal Dental Hospital and the Australian College of Optometry located within the suburb
- Calder Park Raceway is located just north of Sydenham in Calder Park
- Largest allied health profession in USA
- As of March 2019 there are currently 5,528 chiropractors in Australia, compared to about 70,000 in the USA
- First chiropractic adjustment was done by Daniel David Palmer in 1895 for partial deaf janitor Harvey Lillard.
- Chiro means ‘Hands’ in Greek. Chiropractor are using hands to examine the patient and fine ‘spinal dysfunction’ and to treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- You don’t need a referral from GP to see a chiropractor as they are primary contact practitioner.
- To become a chiropractor you need to complete a 5 years university course focusing on body and nerve functioning.
- Spinal manipulation is the major skill the chiropractor use for acute and chronic low back pain.
- Chiropractors often use Exercise as part of their management of patient complaints
- Chiropractors are most well known for conditions involving the low back and neck, however they’re taught to assess and diagnose a wide variety of syndromes and conditions.
- Chiropractors work alongside other practitioners such as physiotherapist, yoga, pilates, remedial massage
- Chiropractor can give you advice for a healthier lifestyle and how to maintain the healthy life.
- Initial chiropractic consultation will include any relevant medical history, physical examination such as orthopedic tests, range of motion and palpation accordingly and chiropractor will perform the spinal manipulation if there is no medical contraindication and if this form of treatment is indicated.
- Most private insurance will cover chiropractic treatment in Australia such as Bupa, Medibank etc.