Our Sunbury Team
Our team of Sunbury Chiropractors are trusted by the local community for providing high quality manual chiropractic care. Our chiropractors share many years of clinical experience providing quality research-based treatments, rehabilitation and recommendations. We are available 6 days of the week, with same-day appointments available, late-evenings, and after hour appointments for your convenience.
Our Sunbury clinic has modern facilities, our reception staff are trained to provide excellent customer service and our experienced chiropractors are ready to help you today. We offer same day appointments with minimal wait times, and have a secure online booking system to make things as smooth as possible for our patients.
Our Sunbury Chiropractic team is located at 31 Barkly Street, Sunbury, in downtown Sunbury and is easily accessible off Macedon Street and is a convenient 6-min walk from Sunbury train station. Our Sunbury Chiropractic team is just a street from the main commercial area of Sunbury, and are the preferred practitioners of many people in the outer Northern-western suburbs including residents of Wildwood, Diggers Rest, Bulla, Gisborne South, Oakland Junction and more.
About Wellbeing Chiropractic Sunbury
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Sunbury, then our clinic could be the ideal place for you. Our team have a combined clinical experience of over 30 years seeing people with a range of musculoskeletal issues including neck and back pain. Being in the heart of Sunbury we see many local residents as well as others passing through or those in the area for work. Sunbury is a fast growing area and is in high demand of medical and alternative medicine such as chiropractic to help with the fast increase in population. We have a proud history of assisting the people in a local community which we’re also doing elsewhere in greater Melbourne, including: Epping, South Morang and Mernda
The Wellbeing Chiropractic group, has over 40+ clinics across Melbourne and more than 50+ practitioners, and prides itself as being available” for its patients 7 days a week. When you call the Sunbury phone number, we guarantee you will be able to find you an appointment, within the group. We have other practices nearby located in Melbourne, Footscray and Hawthorn.
Ask Our Chiropractor a Question ?
Why you should choose our Sunbury Chiropractors
- Wellbeing clinics have appointments available 6 days a week
- We can offer you appointment times: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 9am-1pm
- We offer an after-hours emergency service Monday to Sunday
- Over 50 allied health professionals work within the Wellbeing group
- Wellbeing Chiropractic has been delivering successful health care treatments for over 10 years and is trusted by the local community
- We offer traditional manual chiropractic treatment as well as more modern techniques including spinal decompression therapy
- Wellbeing has a structured mentoring programme to encourage internal development and skill sharing
- All our chiropractors are licensed professionals who continue to attend professional education, training and workshops
- All Wellbeing Chiropractors at all of our neighbouring clinics can offer you the same level of care and service; and you will be welcomed like a regular patient (not made to fill out new patient forms at each site)
Frequently Asked Questions
Chiropractors see people with back and neck pain; joint stiffness and muscle tension. They use spinal adjustment and massage techniques.
A Sports Chiropractor is a practitioner who has interests in seeing athletes for their musculo-skeletal injuries and health. Sports Chiropractors use a range of spinal adjustments, soft tissue, exercise prescription and taping techniques to manage their patients.
A family chiropractor sees various kinds of patients for a range of conditions including back and neck pain. Family Chiropractors see all ages and types of patient, from the youth to the elderly.
Yes. This means they can stay open like medical centers.
The Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) is a body representing a large portion of the Chiropractic profession.
10 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning they can be the first contact a person can make when they have a health problem
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- Chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University and Central Queensland University (CQU)
- chiropractors are also required to continue formal education, or continue professional development (25hr per year) to maintain access to the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and specific orthopaedic examinations, chiropractors can help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
learn more about Sunbury Chiropractor
Sunbury Chiropractic Services Include:
- Manual adjustments – What chiropractors are most know for, this is popping or cracking of joints. This may include Diversified or Gonstead techniques.
- Mobilizations – Movement of the joint through its natural range of motion. This is often done passively by the chiropractic and is used often rehabilitation from injuries.
- Activator Technique – An adjusting instrument that makes a clicking noise. We use Activator for the elderly or young patients.
- Atlas Orthogonal – All of our Sunbury chiropractors have use Atlas Orthogonal in certain cases. This is a Technique that only a handful of practitioners in Melbourne are currently trained in. Most often used in upper neck or atlas treatment.
- Drop piece adjustments – Often used for pelvic or low back adjustments. May be used for patients who are too acute for manual adjustments or those who have arthritis.
- Extremity adjustments – Whilst our Sunbury Chiropractors are known for adjusting the spine, they also manipulate the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee hip and ankle. Usually an activator or Diversified adjustment will be used for limbs or extremities.
- Kinesiotape/Rocktape – Our team may use tape depending on your condition and your needs. Rocktape is often used to assist in rehabilitation or giving support. This is different to traditional restrictive taping.
- Arthrostim – A handheld device with 14 impulses per second. Arthrostim can be used as an adjustment therapy however; our chiropractors also use this as a soft tissue therapy for tight muscles or trigger point therapy as well.
- Pelvic blocking techniques – often used for lower back pain.
- Rehabilitation exercises – Whilst treatment is used to aid in recovery our Sunbury Chiropractors find providing relevant regular stretches and exercise assist in rehabilitation and management of you problem.